Women's Crisis Care International is lucky to have over 100 compassionate volunteers working around the clock to help women. These hilarious, kind, diverse, bad-ass women come from different backgrounds and speak many langauges between them but all have two things in common - they all love toppling the patriarchy and reading a good book! Who doesn't?
So with that in mind, our volunteers have come together to share their favourite feminist literature and created the ultimate feminist reading list.. for you!!
(In no particular order)
1. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay
2. Asking for it: The Alarming Rise of Rape Culture – And What We Can Do About It by Kate Harding
3. Men Explain Things to Me by Rebecca Solnit
4. Feminism – South Africans Speak the Truth by Jen Thorpe
5. The Hidden Face of Eve: Women in the Arab world by Nawal El-Saadawi
6. Hymens and Headscarves: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution by Mona Eltahawy
7. Theorizing Black Feminisms edited by Stanle M. James and Abena P.A Busia
8. Recovering Subversion: Feminist Politics Beyond the Law by Nivedita Menon
9. Superman is an Arab: On God, Marriage, Macho Men and Other Disastrous Inventions by Joumana Haddad
10. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
11. White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack” an essay by Peggy Macintosh
12. Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
Did we miss your favourite? Comment below!